Friday, March 9, 2012

All journies have a beginning.

This is my beginning.

I haven't blogged in ten years. I hate Times New Roman font. I'm an engineer, a midwesterner hiatused in the desert. I love people most of the time, just not today. I'm a recent vegetarian, an occasionally-aspiring yogi, and more stuck in my head than I'd like to be. I am blessed, and my problems are, if anything, first world problems. I try to make the best of every situation, and bring out the best in everyone. But I try too much. I would love to be the world's bandaid. 


I took twenty minutes thinking of a username. I wanted to use Ghandi, but it was too lofty. I'm not Ghandi, though I do aspire to be the change I want to see in the world. And most days, I think I make it better. Though whenever I have a moment where I think, "I hope karma appreciates this," I'm pretty sure my karma points drop to zero.


I'm an engineer by degree. I'm a twenty-something, working with mostly those who are not quite as twenty-something. The crazy thing? I'm in charge. And most days, it all goes okay. I work with good people, great people, and their energy brings us to the next level. But although I can be an extrovert, people are exhausting. And feeding twenty egos has its cost. 


I try to always find the humor in life, situations, experiences. And I'm awkward as ever. Tall, flailing, and as uncoordinated as they come, and I'll hug you from a mile away. 


I'm from the midwest. I miss it dearly. Not the right-wing-isms, but the family and down-home values. I've been away for almost five years, and I still find the desert quite prickly. And although I love the diversity and the adventure, I have moments where I crave the comfortable. 


I hate balloons. I trust too easily. I have some great friends in my life, and even more awesome family - adopted and legitimate. I dig peace, and one of the hardest things to cope with is being disappointed by someone you've chosen to trust. 


I say I fear commitment and children. I'm not sure how true that is, but it's an easy scapegoat. 


I want to make a difference. I want more.

I want to make sure that we enjoy the journey, because I'm not certain where I'm going. I think I'll know it when I get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment